The town where it all started.

The town where it all started.
Isle of Write

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Solomon Carter


If I had my choice to meet anyone who died and spend the day with it is this man. Solomon Carter was the son of John Carter and Anne. He as born in 1725 in New Bern N.C. and he died at Point of View Plantation in Duplin, NC in 1808. Now the American Revelation war was from 1775 to 1783. So if you do the math right the question that is coming to your mind now is did he fight in the war? Here is your answer


Solomon Carter who resided during the American Revolution at Duplin county, North Carolina assisted in establishing American Independence, while acting in the capacity of Soldier, North Carolina Militia, in the Wilmington District during 1781 and 1782.

So yes he did fight in the Revolutionary war. From all the material that I have fished through I can tell you that Solomon was held in high regard. He was a bonds man. He was a farmer.

Here is some more information. Solomon owned a large parcel of land that lays between two counties, Duplin and Lenoir County. He built a modest farm house that is still standing today in Duplin,County. I have been there one time and it feels awesome. I will post pictures of the house how it stands today. I also understand that the house once fell out of our hands into another family's hands however it is now owned and is being restored by a Carter. On the land is a family grave site that does not have any of our people resting there.

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant post! These are my ancestors, and though my Carter clan has been in MS for generations, I now live near Duplin Co. I would be very interested in learning how to get to this house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant post! These are my ancestors, and though my Carter clan has been in MS for generations, I now live near Duplin Co. I would be very interested in learning how to get to this house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the house once using historical documents and some clever reasoning.
    I am also a descendant of Solomon Carter .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is another descendant of Solomon and Constantina.I would be very interested in finding out everything dealing with my granny's side of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I just thought you might be interested to know that there is a book from Solomon Carter's library for sale at ABEBooks.com. I was looking for the same book from the same era but with my ancestor's name in it. Here is the link -https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?kn=Freeborn+Garrettson&sortby=19

    ReplyDelete