The town where it all started.

The town where it all started.
Isle of Write

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Daniel Bryant Carter


Daniel Bryant Carter was the son of Alexander Carter and Sarah Herring. Here is what we know. Daniel Bryant was the first born of seven children. We do not know a lot about him. However we do have a photo of him and his wife Nancy Parker. He was born in 1797 on Cool Water Plantation. He got married in 1813 at the age of 16 most likely in Duplin County.He died in Cartersville NC in August of 1859 at the age of 62 years old.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, this was a great read. I too am from the Carter family. Ickabud and Delia Carter are the Parents of my Great GrandMOther Ider Mae Carter. She Married Levi Simpson Blizzard. Their son Gerald Dean Blizzard is my Dad.
    Thanks for the great read and if you would like to contact me my email is jenblizzard@yahoo.com or you can find me on Facebook Jennie Blizzard Moye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel and Nancy Carter is my direct ancestor. I enjoyed looking at the plantations picture I am glad that it is being giving new life through the Cool Water Historical Society. This is the link.
    https://www.coolwaterfoundation.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isle of Wight is a county in Virginia https://www.co.isle-of-wight.va.us/our_community/about_iow_county/index.php#:~:text=By%201634%2C%20the%20Virginia%20Colony,channel%20of%20the%20same%20name.

    ReplyDelete