The town where it all started.

The town where it all started.
Isle of Write

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Delia Carter


Delia Carter was the Daughter of Zenos Carter and Hepsibah Jane Cavenaugh. She was born on June 9,1852. She married her cousin Ickabud Arter Carter on December 2,1869 in Duplin County N.C. We don't have a photo of her however we do have one of her gravestone that is located in Lenoir County at Holy Innocents Episcopal Church, she is resting next to her husband and her young children. She died on December 5 1933 she was 81 years old. We do not have a lot of information on her. We have quite a few facts on her husband Ickabud. We also know that she had 10 children several of witch did not live to adulthood.

3 comments:

  1. Does this mean that Zenos and Elizabeth Carter were Brother and Sister?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Jason Carter. Ickabud is my great great grandfather. He had a son named Hansley Carter, who had a son named Floyd Daniel Carter. Floyd Daniel Carter married Irene Estelle Bishop, who had my dad, Floyd Wayne Carter. I am so happy to have found the information you have provided! I can't wait to share this with my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jason, my name is Jennie and I too am related to the Carter's. I would love to get more info on your family lineage to add to my tree. My great great grandmother was ider mae cater and married levi blizzard.
      You can reach me at jenblizzard@yahoo. com

      Delete